M.2 NVMe pSLC & MLC Flash Disk, Asine announces new product
EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND – (23rd May, 2018) – Asine, a leading manufacturer of FLASH drives for the most demanding environments, delivers a rugged M.2 Flash drive with NVMe/PCIe interface. The AS-M2-NVMe-2280 offers 1TB of MLC or 500GB of pSLC at Industrial temperature -40oC to +85oC. Standard build options include, Conformal Coating and Fast/Secure Erase with optional Conduction Cooling. The PCIe Gen2 interface offers 20Gbps using x4 lanes available.
Practical sustained reads of 1200MB/s, writes of 700MB/s using pSLC and 1000MB/s reads, 350MB/s writes. with MLC. Uniquely fast sanitize erase for entire media typically only takes a few second while AES-256 bit encryption secures data, The AS-M2-NVMe-2280 literally rises above the competition with an operating altitude of 100,000ft and down to -1,000ft.
The AS-M2-NVMe-2280 is built on the proven success of Asine rugged M.2 SATA3 and 2.5” NVMe/PCIe designs. When combined with BOM control and a history of supporting products for 13+ years, Asine customers enjoy reassurance of product longevity, reliability and support.
Asine works in partnership with customers to ensure best performance over the life cycle of their system. Dependability is built-in to satisfy the demanding requirements of C4ISR, medical imaging and industrial applications requiring fast secure data storage.
“NVMe / PCIe has emerged as an effective next-step in access speeds beyond SATA 3.” Said Shlomo Haddad, CEO and Techfounder of Asine. “Since 1999 Asine has been at the forefront of rugged FLASH in demanding environments. Our proven success in the field reassures customers that we appreciate the need for long term supply and support as well as access to continuously evolving technology.”
- Highest quality pSLC & MLC flash technology
- 240GB to 500GB at MLC and from 120GB up to 240GB at pSLC of non-volatile flash memory at M.2 type D5.
- Interface PCIe Gen2 5Gbps, up to x4 lanes.
- NVMe specification revision 1.1a compliant.
- Fast sanitize erase for entire media (few seconds typical) capacity dependent.
- Operating temperature – commercial 0°C to +70°C and Industrial -40°C to 85°C.
- Storage temperature -55°C to +95°.
- Humidity 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing.
- Altitude – operating -1000 ft. to 100,000 ft.
- High data transfer rate: pSLC sustained read up to 1200MB/S, write up to 700MB/Sec. MLC sustained read up to 1000MB/sec and write 350MB/sec. any capacity. (technology & file system dependent).
- IOPS 4KB up to 80K pSLC & 70K MLC random read & write (capacity dependent).
- Reliability – MTBF 1,500,000 hours by JEDEC-218/219
- Embedded EDC/ECC. Bad block mapping and management.
- Built-in power-up self test and automatic self-diagnostics.
- Wear-leveling algorithm: dynamic & static wear leveling
- Power: 1.5W on Idle. Operation max. 7W
- TBW by JESD218 standard with 4KB random write workload –
MLC - 60TBW for 240GB SSD, 120TBW for 500GB SSD
pSLC - 340TBW for 120GB SSD, 680GB for 240GB SSD.
- No special drivers - uses compliant NVMe Windows, Linux, VxWorks® drivers
- SSD unit sustain environmental – operating and non-operating:
- Shock (operating and non-operating) 1,000 G/0.5ms.
- Vibration - operating: 2.17Grms(5-700 Hz).
- Non-operating : 3.1 Grms (5-800Hz)